Honda launched Honda CB Unicorn 150 by keeping in mind to satisfy the common needs of daily commuters. The bike has been very popular since it was first introduced in 2005. The bike stands out for its quality, comfort, and mileage and these are basic requirements that a middle-class community looks for. Among them are daily commuters, middle aged etc. They prefer mainly comfort, mileage, and safety. Nowadays the Youth also prefers these type of bikes to sports variant bikes as they wish for comfort and easy hassle-free driving. If you are in this category you can happily choose Unicorn 150.
It is the predecessor of the Honda Unicorn latest model Honda CB Unicorn 160. Honda CB Unicorn 150 is one of the popular and affordable bikes in the Honda bike list and it is compliant with BS-IV emission norms set by Indian Government. Let us dive deep into its features and specifications.
Honda CB Unicorn 150 specifications
Engine and Performance
- CB unicorn 150 has an engine displacement of 149.2cc and can generate maximum net power of 9.5 kW(12.73 bhp) @ 8000 rpm and max net torque 12.8 Nm @ 5500 rpm. Honda Unicorn engine is air cooled, 4-stroke, SI engine and it is very much efficient and does the job effectively. You will be satisfied with the engine pick up. It can carry 2 to 3 persons or a heavy luggage effortlessly.
- Unicorn 150 has a 5-speed gearbox and gear shifting is smooth. The Gear Pattern is 1-N-2-3-4-5. Unicorn 150 can reach a maximum speed of 101 kmph. It is pretty enough for Indian roads.
- CB Unicorn 150 has a tank capacity of 13L. But when we look into the Unicorn 150 mileage it gives about 55-60 kmpl. Unicorn 150 mileage is very good and 13L tank is very much sufficient because of good mileage. It has Reserve Fuel Capacity of 2L.
CB Unicorn 150 Tyres , Suspension, Brakes, and Console
- The bike has tube type tyres for the front and the rear. Their sizes are 2.75-18(front) and 100/90-18(rear). Unicorn 150 has 6 spoke alloy wheels.
- CB Unicorn 150 has constructed on Diamond frame and it is in a triangular shape. When we look into Unicorn 150 suspension, it has a telescopic front suspension and spring loaded hydraulic type (monoshock) suspension at the rear. You can prolong smoothly on rugged surfaces.
- Unicorn 150 has a 240mm disc brake at the front wheel and 130mm drum brake at the rear.
- Honda Unicorn 150 has an analog console and Honda did not introduce anything new in the console from the previous models. Anyhow it is sufficient and guides perfectly.
- Unicorn 150 comes with AHO (automatic headlight on) and the Head Lamp takes 12V 35/35W power. It has 12V 7 Ah Battery.
- Honda CB Unicorn 150 Dimensions: Length 2092mm * Width 756mm * Height 1100mm, Wheel Base 1336mm, Ground Clearance 179mm. Seat Height 785 mm
- It comes in 3 colors i.e Pearl Igneous Black, Pearl Siena Red, Geny Grey Metallic. Geny Grey Metallic is less available.
Honda CB Unicorn 150 Pros
- Unicorn 150 is very much suitable for Saree wearing ladies to sit on the pillion seat and there is more room to sit for them. The seat is slightly flat and not a step-up seat.
- It is fuel efficient and gives a good mileage of 55-60kmph.This is very suitable for working people.
- Since it is not a sports variant bike, It is very comfortable to sit for the rider as no bending is required for this model. So middle-aged people can travel long distances comfortably.
- It has an AHO (Automatic Head Light On) to its headlamp.
- It has a nice engine pick-up and kick/self-start to commute without any impediments.
- Easy and good handling.
- Maintenance cost is very low.
- No tubeless tyres.It would have been better if Honda provided tubeless tires for this model.
- No Digital Console.(Maybe it is not an issue for some people)
- The bike is bit heavy. Kerb weight: 145kg
Honda CB Unicorn 150 Price
₹ 72,345 (Ex-showroom, Mumbai)
Honda CB Unicorn 160 available with a little price difference. Please look at its specifications to compare it with Honda CB Unicorn 150.