KTM has launched KTM 200 Duke on February 23, 2017, and it was updated to the BS-IV compliant engine. KTM 200 Duke looks sporty and dynamic with its stunning sculpted tank and with its orange wheels. The previous version had black colored wheels. Maybe it looks stylish but it misses out some of the design features of 390 Duke and 250 Duke. KTM 200 Duke’s top competitors are Bajaj Pulsar RS200 and Bajaj Dominar 400.
The bike is powered by 199.5cc, single cylinder, and liquid cooled engine which generates a peak power of 25 bhp @ 10,000 rpm and peak torque of 19.2 Nm torque @ 8000 rpm. It got attention with its design, colors, performance and cornering ability. The bike comes with a 6-speed gearbox.
Duke 200 reaches a speed of 60kmph in 3.48 sec and 100kmph in 9.46 sec. The bike can reach a top speed of 132kmph. The bike is available in 3 color variants i.e. Black, White, and Orange. Duke 200 has a tank capacity of 11 liters and gives an average mileage of 35 kmpl. The bike comes with the digital console. The new model comes with AHO (Automatic Headlight on) feature. Let’s dive into its technical features.
KTM 200 Duke Specifications and features
- Displacement: 199.5 cc
- Engine Configuration: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder
- Mileage: 35 Kmpl
- Peak Torque: 19.2 Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Peak Power: 25 bhp @ 10000 rpm
- Ignition: Contactless, fully digital
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Clutch Type: Wet, Multi-plate
- Fuel Delivery System: Fuel Injection
- Starter Type: Electric Start
- Cooling System: Liquid Cooled
Wheels & Brakes
- Front Tyre: 110/70 R17 MRF Revz FC
- Rear Tyre: 150/60 R17 MRF Revz C
- Front Brake: Disc, dia. 280mm, four-piston radially bolted caliper
- Rear Brake: Disc, dia. 230mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Wheel Type: Alloy wheels
Chassis & Suspension
- Chassis Types: Tubular space frame made from steel tubes, powder-coated
- Front Suspension: WP Upside-down forks, 150 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock, 150 mm travel
- Tank Capacity: 11 Litres
- Wheel Base: 1361 mm
- Length: 2002 mm
- Height: 1274 mm
- Width: 873 mm
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Kerb Weight: 134 Kg
- Seat height: 810 mm
KTM 200 Duke Price
- INR 1,43,000 (Ex-showroom Delhi)
- INR 1,48,000 (Ex-showroom Mumbai)
- RTO + Road Tax + Others
On-Road Price Rs. 1.60 lakh(approx)
- Excellent pick-up, very good throttle response
- good braking system
- good mileage: 35-37kmpl
- Unique design which most loved.
- No ABS brakes.
- Seating is not comfortable during long rides.
- Maintenance is a bit higher.
- Not suitable for tall people.
- Pillion seat is not comfortable to sit.