Continental GT is the Royal Enfield’s luxurious and café racer model. It costs around INR 2.25 lakhs on road. Café racer models are generally lightweight, lightly powered motorcycle optimized for speed and handling rather than comfort. Continent GT looks royal and its sporty design permits only one person to sit and there is no pillion seat.The bike is powered by Fuel Injected 535cc unit Construction Engine which generates a maximum power of 29.1 bhp power and 44Nm torque.
The bike comes with lighter flywheel and along with the improved power to weight ratio gives the Continental GT that extra responsiveness, punch and agility. The bike can reach a maximum speed of 145kmph and gives a mileage of 20-30kmpl based on different riding conditions. It has a fuel tank capacity of 13.5L. Let us look into its specifications.
Continental GT is available in 3 colors
Continental GT features and specifications
- Type: Single Cylinder, 4 stroke, Spark ignition, Aircooled, Fuel injection
- Displacement: 535cc
- Bore x stroke: 87mm X 90 mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.5: 1
- Maximum Power: 29.1 bhp @ 5100 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 44 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Ignition System: Digital electronic ignition
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5 Speed Constant Mesh
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Engine Oil: 15 W 50 API, SL Grade & above, JASO MA 2
- Fuel Supply: Electronic fuel injection
- Air Cleaner: Paper Element
- Engine Start: Electric/Kick
CHASSIS & SUSPENSION
- Type:- Twin-downtube cradle frame
- Front suspension:- Telescopic, 41mm forks, 110mm travel
- Rear suspension:- Paioli, Twin gas charged shock absorbers with adjustable preload, 80mm travel
- Wheelbase: 1360 mm
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm
- Length: 2060 mm
- Width: 760 mm (Without Mirrors)
- Height: 1070 mm (Without Mirrors)
- Seat Height: 800 mm
- Kerb Weight: 192 Kgs (with 90% Fuel & Oil)
- Fuel Capacity: 13.5 Ltr
BRAKES & TYRES
- Tyres (Front): 100/90-18, 56 H Pirelli Sport Demon
- Tyres (Rear): 130/70-18, 63 H Pirelli Sport Demon
- Brakes (Front): Brembo 300mm Floating disc, Brembo 2-Piston floating caliper
- Brakes (Rear): 240mm Disc, Single piston floating caliper
- Electrical System: 12 volt – DC
- Battery: 12 volt, 14Ah
- Head Lamp: 60 W / 55 W, HALOGEN
- Tail Lamp: 21 W / 5 W
- Turn Signal Lamp: 12V, R10W X 4nos
- Speedometer: Analogue
- Tachometer: Analogue
- Trip Meter: Digital
- Fuel Gauge: Digital
- Unique in its design. No other bike on road matches with it and surely gains attention.
- Brakes are awesome and powerful when compared with non ABS variant.
- The Thin Tank makes us feel comfortable to sit and can move our legs around freely.
- The Pirellis tyres gives fantastic grip and one can take U-turns confidently.
- No ABS braking system even after charging huge price.
- Finding bike parts is a big problem.
- Some users felt irritated as they notice their bike stopped abruptly and randomly in the traffic. So they used to painfully drag the bike to the side.
- Users noticing Engine problems after 2rd and 3rd service.
- Vijayawada: Rs. 2.02 lakh (Approx)
- Delhi: Rs.2.08 lakh (Approx)
- Mumbai: Rs.2.08 lakh (Approx)
- Bangalore: Rs.2.02 lakh (Approx)
- Hyderabad: Rs.2.08 lakh (Approx)
- Chennai: Rs.2.02 lakh (Approx)
- Kolkata: Rs.2.03 lakh (Approx)